Milton K Benjamin, Sci.D.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08002
Home (856) 354-7692,
Cell (347) 504-5992 Cell
Software and Process Improvement Tools, Meta Languages and Software Generation Tools,
Modeling, Engineering, Energy Efficiency, Simulation, Software Architecture, System Engineering,
Algorithm Development, Mathematics, Physics.
Afd2me: Lockheed Martin
A family of translators which convert ACSIS/ACP menus to OASIS menus. A fully mature
afd2me tool would convert a single baseline of 1200 ACP menus to OASIS menus in about
10 minutes. The latest BOE for this task for a single ACP/OASIS baseline is $21 million.
When the conversion of many ACP baselines is needed, the afd2me is the only affordable approach.
Source Analyzer II: Lockheed Martin
A program that verifies that FILE, FUNCTION, and CLASS commenting standards are met
by the developers. SAN II supports multiple programming languages. Adding another language
involves adding code that supports only differences between what is already there and the new
Source Metrics Tool: (SMT): Lockheed Martin
A system that counts Source Lines of Code (SLOCS) in multiple programing languages.
New languages are added by writing an SMT script (META description) of how SLOCs
are to be counted in the programming language. Currently more than 25 distinct programming
languages are supported and others are being added on a monthly basis.
Retargeter: Lockheed Martin
A CMS2 to C/C++ compiler. The retargeter converts CMS-2 to C/C++. The user can step through
the CMS2 code in the gnu debugger (gdb) on a UNIX work station. The underlying language is C/C++,
but the developer steps through the CMS2.
This 86,000 line tool also can additional lines of code to the C++ program.
These additional lines of code perform the following functions:
a) test coverage
b) cross profiling for the UNISYS UYK series of computers. While running on an UNIX Work Station.
c) checking consistency of engineering units and dimensions as the CMS-2 executes.
d) The retargeter was used extensively across all of AEGIS to capture CMS-2 as C/C++, and has saved AEGIS at least $100 million and possibly as much as $900 million over the last 20 years.
The UYKxx Dump Analyzer: Lockheed Martin
This system provides multiple ways to view the information generated during a UYKxx computer memory dump.
The Dump Analyzer voted best tool in its class.
Navastir: Singer Corporation
a META language for describing the desired behavior of Navigation, Steering and Guidance computer systems.
Navastir provided a 500% improvement in productivity in the development of navigation and guidance computer software at Singer Corporation.
Ada, Ant, Assembler, awk, C/C++, CMS-2, DEC Pascal, FORTRAN, Java, Lisp, MathCAD, make, Mathematica, Maple, Mathematica, SQL, UNIX Shell, sed, Windows Command, and others.
Computers and Operating Systems
UNIX: HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, and VAX/Alpha: VMS
Modeling and Simulation
Algorithm Development, Simulation, Energy Management, Simulation of heat and mass transfer in industrial
equipment, Inertial Navigation, Steering and Guidance, Nuclear Power, Pollution abatement, Rotary Kilns
and Pyro-Processing, Transport and Statistical Processes.
Lockheed Martin MS2 Moorestown, New Jersey - 1989-April 30, 2009
Lead Member of Engineering Staff.
- Specialized in Ontology, Automatic Software generation, and Knowledge Representation and Transformation.
- Conceived and developed multiple systems at Lockheed. These systems have resulted in documented 7-9 figures of cost avoidances for Aegis and other programs.
- Knowledgeable about what is going on in the software tools industry and an expert in meta-programming.
- Take a software tools concept and develop requirements documents.
- Developed software tools that meet the requirements of the specifications document.
- Developed software test plans and procedures.
- Execute the test plan and procedure to demonstrate that the software meets specifications.
Singer Corporation, Little Falls, NJ - 1986-1989
Navigation and Guidance Systems/Software Engineer
- Developed a Meta-programming system (Navastir) for specifying the desired behaviors of navigation, guidance and steering computer programs for Inertial Navigation Computers. Result was a documented 500% improvement in productivity in developing Inertial Navigation Unit Computer Software.
Consultant Energy Efficiency - 1974-1985
Ebasco Services, New York, NY
- Hiring Manager, Software/Systems Engineer, Technical Sales.
- Supported marketing with technical presentations to the customer.
- Developed software concepts and software to automate the operations of nuclear plants.
- Identified job candidates, perform interviews and make hiring decisions for my department.
- Supported installation and maintenance of Ebasco Software Products at the customers site.
- Supported customer's technical staff on how to use Ebasco products.
City University of NY Staten Island, NY - 1969-1974
Assistant Professor of Engineering
Dr. of Eng. Sci., Columbia University 1969
B.A. Physics, City University of New York 1963
AEGIS Excellence and Software Center Manager awards.
National Defense Title IV (NAVAL) Fellowship in Plasma Physics, Columbia University.
Sigma XI, National Science Honors Society.
PI MU Epsilon, National Mathematics Honor Society