- Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, DataScience
- C C++ C# Java python R Tensorflow pyTorch keras numpy Theano Jupyter-Notebook Google-Colab
- CMS2-Y/L/M Direct Code Assembler Plugin development or many of the existing IDE’s
- Programming Language Development & Syntactic Sugar for existing programming languages
- lex, yacc.
- Software/Software System/Hardware Frameworks for system development, System Engineering, Meta-Programming>
- Amazon Web Services Cloud Computing. Modeling, Simulation and Algorithm Development, Energy Modeling and Savings in Buildings, Test Plans, Compilers, Parser and Compiler Generators, PCCTS, Antlr, HADOOP, Amazon Cloud Elastic MapReduce Cluster Computing, Software and Process Improvement Tools, AEGIS C&D Software and Systems Engineering, Engineering, Computer Models of complex equipment (e.g., boilers, dryers, fans kilns, mixers, pumps) to help improve Energy Efficiency, Software Architecture, Mathematics, Physics, Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio 2010 IDE
Amazon Cloud Web Services
- AWS SDK for PHP
- Conversion of data available in Excel, SQL, Tabular Format and hard copy to alternateforms such as CSV (Comma Separated Items), XML, HTML, PHP, Python, JSON, RUBY
- Low Cost Web Based Energy Management System:
- See: http://www.barkley-Group.net/ex5.htm
- Now productizing this system to support many users.
- Structured CMS-2 design/development including ULTRA-32 assembly language.
- Experience developing software with CMS-2Y/CMS2-L for an AN/UYK-43.and UYK-20. Windows, Solaris, and UNIX environments.
- MS Office and Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as ClearCase, Eclipse and NetBeans.
- VAX operating environment and DCL (Dec Command Language).
Aegis Tactical Executive System
- (ATES) – Aegis AN/UYK-43 operating system.
- MTASS Machine Transportable AN/UYK Support Software (MTASS) – CMS-2 compiler.
- System Building - (SYSBLD) – Aegis AN/UYK-43 computer program linker.
- Mercury (data recording and analysis tool).
Products Developed: (While an AEGIS C &D Engineer
- Lockheed Martin
A program that verifies that FILE, FUNCTION, and CLASS commenting standards are met by the developers. SAN II supports multiple programming languages in the same or in multiple files. Adding another language involves adding code that supports only differences between what is already there and the new language.
- Source Metrics Tool: (SMT): Lockheed Martin
A system that counts Source Lines of Code (SLOCS) in multiple programing languages. New languages are added by writing an SMT script (META description) of how SLOCs are to be counted in a programming language. Currently more than 25 distinct programming languages are supported and others are being added on a monthly basis.
- Retargeter: Lockheed Martin
A Framework for developing AEGIS
software in a non-MTASS/CMS2 environment. This Framework included CMS-2 to C/C++ and/or Ada compilers. The user can step through the CMS2 code in
the gnu debugger (gdb) on a UNIX work station, and inspect values of
variables. The underlying language is
C/C++, but the developer sees only CMS2. in the debugger window.
This 86,000 line tool also can instrument the resulting C++/C program with additional lines of code. These additional lines of code perform can one or more of the following functions: test coverage, cross profiling for the UNISYS UYK series of computers. While running on an UNIX Work Station, checking consistency of engineering units and dimensions as the CMS-2 executes, the retargeter was used extensively across all of AEGIS to capture CMS-2 as C/C++, and has saved AEGIS at least $100 million and possibly as much as $900 million over the last number of years.
- The UYKxx Dump Analyzer: Lockheed Martin
This system provides multiple ways to view the information generated during a UYKxx computer memory dump. The Dump Analyzer voted best tool in its class.
- NAVASTIR: Singer Kearfort Corporation
A Framework and Meta-Programming system for developing and testing Navigation, Steering and Guidance computer programs. The Navastir Framework provided for a 500% improvement in productivity in the development of navigation and guidance computer software
- Afd2me Lockheed Martin
A family of translators which convert ACSIS/ACP menus to OASIS menus. A fully mature afd2me tool would convert a single baseline of 1200 ACP menus to OASIS menus in about 10 minutes. The latest BOE for this task for a single ACP/OASIS baseline is $21 million. When the conversion of many ACP baselines is needed, the afd2me is the only affordable approach.
Compiler and Compter Language Development:
- Custom scripting Languages, Software Frameworks, Code Generators, and Process Automation
Computer Languages and Tools:
Frameworks & Plugins:
- Design and implementation of Custom Frameworks. For Example:
- Ruby on Rails, Visual Basic, .NET, .NET Micro Framework, .COM, Enterprise Java Beans, CORBA, and ACE are Frameworks which greatly simplify development of large software systems in their respective problem domains.
Computers and Operating Systems:
- UNIX: HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Micro-Controllers & Net Micro-Frameworks, Windows, and VAX/Alpha: VMS,
Modeling and Simulation:
- Algorithm Development, Building Energy Simulation, Simulation, Energy Management, Simulation of heat and mass transfer in industrial equipment, Inertial Navigation, Steering and Guidance, Nuclear Power, Pollution abatement, Rotary Kilns and Pyro-Processing, Transport and Statistical Processes.
- SBIR, STTR
The Barkley Group
· Framework development for knowledge-based systems: software, hardware, process, maintenance … .
Development of a system that accepts and instruments a program to propagate properties of variables (like engineering units/dimensions) through a program to make sure that the results have the expected properties and the systems engineering/program produce the correct results.
Automated Process Surveys
· Web site development.
· Specialized in developing mathematical models of equipment in the pyro-processing and power generation industries.
· Developed a model of industrial and power generation boilers in MathCad, Mathematica and java
· Maintenance of a 100,000-line rotary kiln modeling program to handle new types of kilns and products.
· Developed models of the lifting and mixing process for kilns and dryers. Please click here for more info.
Lockheed Martin MS2 Moorestown, New Jersey
- Lead Member of Engineering Staff
- Systems/Software Engineering
Singer Corporation, Little Falls, NJ
- Navigation and Guidance Systems/Software Engineer.
· Developed a Framework and Meta-programming system (Navastir) for specifying the desired behaviors of navigation, guidance and steering computer programs for Inertial Navigation Computers. Result was a documented 500% improvement in productivity in developing Inertial Navigation Unit Computer Software.
Consultant Benec Inc:
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
Ebasco Services, New York City
- Hiring Manager, Software/Systems Engineer, Technical Sales.
- Managed Engineering Department with 90 to 100 engineers and support staff.
- Supported marketing with technical presentations to the customer.
· Developed software concepts and software to automate the operations of nuclear plants.
· Identified job candidates, perform interviews and made hiring decisions for my dept.
· Supported installation and maintenance of Ebasco Software Products at the customer’s site.
· Supported customer’s technical staff on how to use Ebasco products.
City University of NY
- Asst Professor of Engineering Science City University of NY. Staten Island
- Dr. of Eng. Sci., Columbia University, Mechanical Engineering, 1969
- B.A. Physics, City University of New York 1963
- AEGIS Excellence and Software Center Manager awards:
- National Defense Title IV (NAVAL) Fellowship in Plasma Physics, Columbia Univ.
- Sigma XI, National Science Honors Society.
- πμε, National Mathematics Honor Society
- Upon Request